NOVATO, Calif., April 19, 2021 – IMSI® Design, a leading CAD software developer, announced today the release of its TurboCAD 2021 line, including Platinum, Professional, Deluxe and Designer versions for Windows® desktop PCs.
TurboCAD 2021 includes over thirty new and improved features. “The release of TurboCAD 2021 marks the fourth decade of sales of TurboCAD for Windows,” stated Bob Mayer, President of IMSI Design. “We are proud of this milestone and grateful to the millions of users worldwide who have continued to make TurboCAD one of the leading-selling CAD brands in the world.”
“The 2021 release continues our commitment to making enhancements in the program which address all areas of importance to our customers: We are particularly excited about the performance improvements to rendering and to the handling of large CAD files with the integration of the Open Design Alliance’s Visualize technology,” added Mayer.
Versatile 2D/3D CAD solution
DesignCAD 3D MAX is an easy-to-use 2D/3D CAD software suitable for users new to CAD, hobbyists, makers and DIYers. DesignCAD allows you to create high-quality designs, simple renders and animations. The latest release of this award-winning software supports AutoCAD drawing files, includes new 2D Drafting enhancements, 3D printing and expanded interoperability.
Easy, Versatile 2D CAD Solution
DesignCAD is an easy-to-learn and use 2D CAD program. Access hundreds of 2D drafting and design tools through an intuitive interface to quickly and easily produce accurately scaled, precision designs. It’s perfect for architectural drawings, engineering layouts, and more.
Key New and Improved features include:
DesignCAD 3D MAX 2021’s new and improved features include:
- Ribbon – A new Ribbon User Interface has been added to DesignCAD 2021. Users can now switch between Classic and Ribbon UIs.
- Improved Icons (Vector) – Improved Icons (Vector) have been added to DesignCAD 2021.
- 4K Support – 4K screen support has been added to DesignCAD 2021 for more legible viewing with high resolution display settings.
- Ellipse by Diagonal – An “Ellipse by Diagonals” tool has been added to the Circles section. Now an ellipse can be drawn using its two diagonal points. The first point is the starting diagonal point of the ellipse and the second point is the ending diagonal point.
- Circumscribed Polygon – A “Circumscribed Polygon” tool has been added to the Planes section. Now, the user can draw the polygon by using the first point as a center point and the second point as the center of one of the edges of the polygon.
- Diagonal Slot Polygon – A “Slot Polygon” has been added to the Planes section. Now the user can draw a slot shaped polygon by using the first point as the first diagonal point and the second point as its second diagonal point.
- Rubber-banding Improved Significantly – In the previous versions of DesignCAD the ability to draw in OpenGL shaded mode was nearly impossible for most users on normal hardware. Setting points for an object using the mouse, resulted in a very slow redraw of the rubber band line segment by segment, making mouse cursor movement almost impossible after just a few points. This issue has been resolved in DesignCAD 2021, and rubber-banding in OpenGL mode has significantly improved.
- Redraw of Meshes Performance Improvement – Redraw of Meshes has been significantly improved in DesignCAD 2021.
- Import/Export Adobe Illustrator – An Adobe Illustrator Export Filter has been added to DesignCAD 2021. Previous versions of DesignCAD had Adobe Illustrator as an import filter only.
- Faster Import of STL Files – Import of STL files has significantly improved up to 10x.
© 2021 IMSI Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI Design, LLC. AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.